Infrared (IR) Refrigerant Leak Detector Kit - Fieldpiece
The Infrared Refrigerant Leak Detector Kit works all day on just one charge!
Features & Applications:
Like all of Fieldpiece's test instruments, the Infrared (IR) Refrigerant Leak Detector Kit is designed exclusively to make the HVACR Technician's job easier, faster, safer and more efficient. We set out to develop the best refrigerant leak detector for HVACR, and now it comes in a rugged, blow-mold case with all of the extras.
The ergonomic design fits naturally in your hand. The ruggedized construction stands up to abuse most other leak detectors can't handle. The eight-hour battery life lets you work all day before recharging and the included vehicle and wall chargers help you during overtime. The mute and peak functions allow you to work the way you want to work. The magnetic hanger helps keep the detector out of the way when repairing a leak, but visible enough so you won't leave it on the job.
Infrared sensors by far are the longest-lasting leak detection sensors on the HVACR market today. We've improved the technology so that, with normal use, your Infrared Refrigerant Leak Detector should last for the life of the instrument (UP TO 10 YEARS in testing).
Included with every Infrared Refrigerant Leak Detector Kit are vehicle and wall charging units. Five (5) O-rings and 10 replacement filters are located in the interior of the case handle. Operators manual, quick start operation guide, and rechargeable battery are also included in a pocket on the left side of the case. Optional RFE2 9-inch Flex-Probe Extension (item #159028) and RRE2 Rigid Extension Probe (item #159030) offer you that extra reach you need out in the field and makes the searching for leaks along the evaporator coil easier.
- Triggers on all CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs and blends.
- Doesn't trigger on oil or moisture like other types of detectors.
- Senses change in refrigerant levels. Works even in contaminated environments.
- Up and running in less than a minute. Some heated elements and corona discharge units take time to warm up. UV dyes can take several hours to travel through a running system and can degrade system components.
- Sealed sensor- Unlike heated diode and corona discharge leak detectors, the sensor doesn't "touch" refrigerant as it passes through the instrument. Heated diode and corona discharge units tend to degrade or fail when they come in contact with high concentrations of refrigerant or touch liquid.
- Superior-Controlled Sensitivity- Doesn't trigger on nuisance leaks.
- Rugged / Ergonomic Feature-. Ruggedized boot and it fit's in your hand.
- Infrared Sensor- Lasts up to 10 years.
- Three Sensitivity Levels- Meets new SAE standards.
- Audible/Visual Alarm- Turn the beep on or off - you decide.
- 8-hour Battery Charge- Work all day on one charge.
- Non-conductive, Sturdy Probe- Stays where you want it.
- Peak / Mute Buttons- Find leaks in noisy environments.
- Magnetic Hanger- Hang the unit while you repair the leak.
- Weighs 14-oz.- Tough doesn't have to mean heavy.
CFC, HFC, JCFC & blends
|Response Time:||Less than 1/2 second to 1 second|
|Sensitivity Levels:||High: 0.1 oz/yr & higher|
|(per SAE J2791)||Medium: 0.5 oz/year and higher|
|Low: 1.0 oz/year and higher|
|Accuracy:||Exceeds current SAE J2791 standards|
|Warm-Up Time:||<30 seconds|
|Probe Length:||15 inches|
|Battery Type:||7.4VDC(nominal) rechargeable lithium ion polymer|
|Battery Life:||Approximately 8 hours (fully charged)|
|Patents:||6,791,088 and 7,022,993. Infrared Leak Detector|