Residential Construction Academy: House Wiring, 3rd Edition
The newly updated 3rd Edition of Residential Construction Academy: House Wiring
Item #: 320-3712-11
Manufacturer: Cengage Learning
Manufacturer Item #: 9781111306212
Your Price $112.95
Residential Construction Academy: House Wiring offers a concrete approach to teaching the most current electrical wiring practices in use in the housing industry, and is also updated to include the latest 2011 Electrical Code. Based on the Skills Standards approved by NAHB's Home Builders Institute, this book covers many popular topics, such as alternative energy systems and "green" coverage, including sustainable building practices as they apply to house wiring. The book also contains many procedures specifically designed to help students better understand common house wiring practices. Chapters also contain review questions at the end to help reinforce material covered and improve critical thinking skills. Students will gain further benefit from the inclusion of teaching aids, such as a "From Experience" section which addresses common residential wiring practices and scenarios and "Caution" boxes that emphasize the on-going importance of safety helps the student retain and apply what they have learned. An English and Spanish glossary is also included. 704 pp.
- English and Spanish glossary is included.
- "From Experience" section addresses common residential wiring practices and scenarios, providing the opportunity for readers to apply what they have learned.
- "Caution" boxes throughout the book emphasize the ongoing importance of safety in every stage of wiring installation.
- Additional updated end of chapter review questions reinforce material covered and improve student critical thinking skills.
- End of chapter task procedures are included to promote proficiency in both knowledge and the skills associated with the particular task.
New to this Edition:
- Chapter 21 is a new chapter with material on alternative energy systems including photovoltaics and small wind turbines.
- New material throughout on "Green" coverage including sustainable building practices as they apply to house wiring.
- All material updated to the latest 2011 National Electrical Code.
- Increased number of end of chapter review questions.
- Several new procedures have been added to better illustrate and better help students understand house wiring practices.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Residential Workplace Safety.
- 2. Hardware and Materials Used in Residential Wiring.
- 3. Tools Used in Residential Wiring.
- 4. Test and Measurement Instruments Used in Residential Wiring.
- 5. Understanding Residential Building Plans.
- 6. Determining Residential Circuit Requirements.
- 7. Introduction to Residential Service Entrances.
- 8. Service Entrance Equipment and Installation.
- 9. General Requirements for Rough-In Wiring.
- 10. Electrical Box Installation
- 11. Cable Installation.
- 12. Raceway Installation.
- 13. Switching Circuit Installation.
- 14. Branch-Circuit Installation.
- 15. Special Residential Wiring Situations.
- 16. Video, Voice and Data Wiring Installation.
- 17. Lighting Fixture Installation.
- 18. Device Installation.
- 19. Service Panel Trim-Out.
- 20. Checking Out and Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring Systems.
- 21. Alternative Energy System Installation.